Are you interested in microblading? Do you want to know more? I’m so excited to share my experience and post with all of you!
You may ask, what is microblading?
It’s a form of permanent makeup that provides a means to partially or even fully camouflage missing eyebrow hairs with the appearance of hair like strokes while depositing a pigment of your and your artists choice into the skin.
These were my initial before and afters! Tamara amazed me with how talented she is and passionate with what she does. She took so much time to get to know me and make sure I was comfortable, she truly made sure she knew what I wanted beforehand and that we were on the same page going into the process. She was so detailed in making my perfect shape and providing an amazing and clean place to do so! She took extra steps to be sterile and show that during the procedure which is something I really appreciate when we’re talking about your skin and especially your face. The initial hair strokes to outline your brows are over before you know it and then you will be numbed to complete the process. If pain and fear are holding you back. Just go for it! The healing process is a piece of cake, follow her simple directions and you’re onto gorgeous healed brows!
Everyday I was filling in my brows, spending countless money on brow products, and the time wasted doing so added up. You saw my before’s, making my natural brows look like the above picture wasn’t always easy for me which is one of the many reasons I chose to be microbladed by Tamara!
This is the touch up picture! Now that it’s all said and done and I have my touch up, I wouldn’t make a different choice one bit! I love the outcome so much, and I’m so happy to have my brows microbladed. My time to get ready was nearly cut in half, and I’m so much more confident now. They look so natural which is my favorite part. Before I was extremely self conscious about my brows, I hated leaving the house without them done but now I can finally say I’m not self conscious anymore thanks to Tamara!
It’s crazy that brows can mean so much to someone, but I can truly say it was a life changing experience!
I’m going to be leaving information about Tamara’s business below and how to find her so you can schedule a consultation and get onto having “on fleek brows” 😉
Tamara’s story is truly amazing and touched my heart when I connected with her! You’ll read more of it below and I hope you check out her link to find out more! Tamara is such a kind lady and LOVES helping others. I’m so happy I chose someone as phenomenal as her to do my brows and I can confidently say you’d be making the right choice if you chose her as well.
||Q&A WITH TAMARA!||
1. What made you microblade? — It was during my dad’s battle with Lymphona and becoming his bone marrow donor that I made the life-changing decision to train to become a certified microblading artist. I share this story in detail on my Anchor station. Here is the link!
2. What is the process? — All of my potential clients must first complete a medical history questionnaire to make sure there aren’t any contradictions to my performing the service. After review of the medical history, provided there aren’t any, I schedule a 30 minute consultation where we can discuss more specifically what the client is hoping to achieve. I love to listen to my clients’ brow stories and help them achieve their goals! During the consult, I also thoroughly explain the process for whichever service they are interested in (we do other PMU also). From there, if they are interested in moving forward we set up their initial service appointment.
3. How long is the procedure? — For all microblading appointments I tell my clients to allow 3 hours for the initial appointment and 90 minutes for the touch up (we include a complimentary 4 – 6 week touch up appointment with our service).
4. What are the limitations of choosing to microblade your brows until you’re healed? — If any of the following apply, you should NOT have this procedure: you are pregnant and/or breast feeding (recommended wait time is one year after pregnancy and/or nursing), prone to Keloid Scarring (or tendency to Keloids), have Type 1 diabetes, are in active treatment for a serious disease such as cancer, epilepsy, or autoimmune disorder (physician’s note required), are on blood thinners, have a pacemaker or heart problems, have skin diseases, symptoms, or irritation on or around the eyebrow area, have had botox, fillers, laser treatments, or chemical peels within the past 30 days, have broken capillaries in your brows, just had your eyebrows waxed (must wait three days), or are under 18 years of age.
Following the procedure the following limitations apply:
- For two weeks following your microblading procedure you should avoid:
- hot showers (it is best to bathe rather than shower during this time)
- applying makeup, cleansers, or lotions to the eyebrow area
- workouts and participation in any activity that causes you to sweat
- picking and scratching at your brows; DO NOT PICK AT SCABS
- swimming of any kind (lake, pool, ocean, etc.)
- outdoor sunbathing and tanning salons
- saunas, steam rooms, and hot tubs
- tinting or dying your eyebrows
- exfoliating and scrubbing your brow area
- shaving, waxing, or tweezing your eyebrows
For four weeks following your microblading procedure you should avoid:
- Botox, fillers, facials, and chemical peels
- sunbathing and tanning beds
5. How long do they last? — Results definitely vary by client depending on skin type and lifestyle. Over time, the pigment will slowly fade, lasting somewhere between one and three years. Fading of pigment occurs more quickly with oilier skin. Other factors that reduce fastness are sweating, exposure to sun/tanning, smoking, and iron deficiency. Due to these factors, no guarantee can be made regarding length of lasting effects. A maintenance appointment is recommended annually to refresh pigment color.
6. Who’s a good candidate for microblading? — Almost anyone can be a good candidate for microblading. Those with young or mature skin, all skin types (although extremely oily skin may not be ideal), alopecia sufferers and cancer survivors (this was my initial draw to becoming an artist). Anyone who desires fuller brows or those who are tired of spending time applying brow makeup or just don’t have the time to do so make great candidates, as do those whose brows are thin, or overplucked and won’t grow back.
7. Tell me more about the procedure and pigment used? — Microblading is performed using a hand held tool in which pigment is deposited through a blade that consists of nanoneedles. Hairstrokes are drawn one-by-one to mimic real eyebrow hairs and pigment is chosen to match the natural hair or eyebrow color. I also can blend pigments to create custom colors when needed.
8. How do you choose the right color and shape? — It is best to use a pigment color that will blend well with ones existing eyebrow color. In this way the newly added hairstrokes will “blend” with existing hairs. If no hair is present in the eyebrow area, our goal is to match to the clients natural haircolor. Regarding shape, I use the “golden ratio” method, also sometimes called the “divine proportion”. This method, along with following the clients face morphology, assures brows that will compliment their natural facial features.
||FIND HER ON INSTAGRAM||
You can view Tamara’s company on instagram: here!
I hope you enjoyed this post, I had so much fun making it!
Xo, until next time